To educate boys in the spirit of St Marcellin Champagnat for life, learning and leadership for the common good.
St Joseph's College is a Catholic school, educating boys of character and soul, guiding them with the example of Jesus Christ to be capable and compassionate young men, taking their place with confidence and integrity in their families, their communities and their workplaces.Ìý
Vision and purpose
At St Josephâ€™s College, we educate boys of character and soul, guiding them with the example of Jesus Christ to be capable and compassionate young men, taking their place with confidence and integrity in their families, their communities and their workplaces.
St Josephâ€™s College is a Catholic school in the Marist tradition. Our vision is to educate boys for life, learning and leadership for the common good, and we reaffirm the values and traditions of a supportive, non-selective learning and Catholic faith environment.Ìý
We commit to excellence in an integrated program of teaching and learning, co-curricular activities and pastoral care that seeks out, tests and affirms the best in each boy.
It is our heartfelt mission to provide exceptional education and care for boys. Our priority is to be known as a modern and successful school, building upon our great traditions, values and the strength of our community.
From humble beginnings in 1881, St Josephâ€™s College marked its 140th anniversary in 2021. On this foundation, Meliora 140+, the Collegeâ€™s new strategic plan, articulates the College direction over the next five years as it moves forward into its fifteenth decade. It honours the Marist Brothers and lay teachers who, since 1881, have strived to educate boys to form young men â€” in the words of St Marcellin Champagnat â€” to be good Christians and virtuous citizens. Meliora 140+ builds on the aims of the previous Strategic Plan 2013+, reinforcing its explicit intention to shape a Catholic culture in which all are valued and respected. Furthermore, it draws on the wisdom of past and present families, Old Boys, students and staff in an ever-changing world to ensure that St Josephâ€™s College remains at the forefront of educating young men in the Marist way.
With respect to our rich and longstanding traditions, a self-effacing evaluation of present-day life at the College and an innovative and sustainable plan for the future, St Josephâ€™s College strives for better things.
A Catholic school
St Josephâ€™s College observes The Archbishopâ€™s Charter for Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney by
- Giving witness to faith in Jesus Christ and the evangelising mission of the Church
- Nurturing studentsâ€™ love of learning
- Implementing the Archdiocesan Religious Education Curriculum
- Encouraging student participation in and commitment to the Catholic life, both in and beyond the College
- Teaching students to know, understand and act on Catholic social teaching
- Caring for students through an inclusive curriculum, pastoral and wellbeing policies/practices
- Giving priority to the enrolment of Catholic students
- Working in partnership with parents and carers
- Partnering with Parish Priests to nurture our communities through celebrating Catholic life
- Employing staff committed to Christian witness and willing to contribute to the mission of the Church
- Providing a range of faith opportunities and Catholic practices for staff, students and families
1.Ìý Evangelising Mission
2. Empowering Learning
3. Fostering Student Life
4. Advancing Community
5. Responsible Stewardship